snappy tots: Slippers for a year

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Slippers for a year

This time last year I decided I was going to work on slippers for an entire year and then give them to everyone for Christmas. Well, I did get several pairs made but not nearly as many as I had hoped. I did accumulate a long list of patterns I love and want to try, as well as a few that made me want to pull my hair out. Since I have enjoyed them so much and have lots more to make, I will continue my slipper quest in 2014. Each month watch for a different pattern to be shared and reviewed. One I would like to share is a quick and easy pair that I have made, plus received as a gift from a snappy friend. "Women's Ballet Slippers" by Michelle Gaylor are great for men and women. It is free pattern too.
Here is one of the pairs I made from the pattern. It's like making a long skinny beanie. No seaming or counting stitches on those oval souls that never turn out the same. So, if you need a last minute gift, these would be great!
If you would like to see part of my list of slippers I want to make, check out my Pinterest Board. I will keep adding to it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but if you have a question please email heidi@snappy-tots.com.